Friday, May 13, 2011

Enough is enough

We've finally reached the point at which I must make some changes to this blog. To be more precise, put some rules in place.

I was thinking about the recent comments about people using this blog for their own personal agenda, and how that's probably chasing away people who want to talk about whatever the posted subject matter is, only to have the discussion ended by somebody "hijacking" the blog.

So here two simple rules that will be enforced beginning tonight:

* Discuss the topic in the post. You can go off-topic to discuss a game, series, player or something current. We've had enough "taxpayer turf" comments on every post to last a lifetime. The turf is in, I've blogged about it. You've commented about it … again and again. Until the topic is brought up again in a post, comments referring to "taxpayer turf" will be deleted.

* Do NOT snipe at other posters by calling them *$$, moron, or some body part. I'm not going to put up with comments that that sound as if they're written by a 10-year-old who wants to use words he overheard in the grade school restroom. In other words, do not engage in name-calling or use derisive nicknames. If you do, the comments will be deleted.

Play ball!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see the tourism people win with Chris Dugan. Not name calling - no complaining. I know that Bob Gregg has been the biggest compainer about what has been posted. He also has gone anomymous now...
So he has had HIS say and everybody else is just supposed to shut up....
YES SIR!!!

May 13, 2011 at 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It not just Bob Gregg that "got to" him. It is the Wild Things management, probably the attorney
Stu Williams.
Just like other in 'People's Republics' the critics have been silenced. In other words, power corrupts. Even when it comes to the managing of a blog. Nothing is more obvious then this move by Mr. Dugan.
The folks that were being exposed for what they are have managed to “highjack” this blog from their critics.
Congratulations, Washington County Tourism. You could not take the heat so you managed to cry like a baby while having your opponents’ mouths duct taped shut. Mr. Gregg got away with calling me a lot of uncomplimentary names. I, at least, did NOT return his insults. Also, I did not resort to posting as anonymous. All because I refused to take his advice or, was it a warning to “adjust”. Good ol’ Washington County, refusing to ‘adjust’ to being taxed to death and, at the same time, refusing to be dragged into the future.
Chris, I’m sorry you have come down on the side of MR. Williams and Mr. Gregg. It’s YOUR blog and it is certainly your right. I thank you for allowing me to post in the past. Nobody “highjacked” this blog as Mr. Gregg, and you, have suggested. The opponents are the ones that have been screwed. We simply have to shut up because certain people did not want to hear it anymore. It IS the ol “To get along – go along” crap that is so pervasive her in Washington Country.
For the record: the people that are now being silenced are tired of hearing the PC crowd spout their line also.
Nobody has said anything about baseball here. However, there is no reason why not, at least as far that I can see – probably because there is nothing interesting happening. I did see a post about the new catcher that was deleted for some reason.
Thanks again for allowing me to post in the past.
Ron Wilson

PS: Long live Stu Willaims and Bob Gregg – Both are winners, and losers, at the same time

May 13, 2011 at 6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To all,
I must apologize to Bob Gregg for my remarks. Bob contacted me and assured me did not make the remarks I attributed to him. My supposition that he made those post was incorrect. I have no reason to disbelieve him as he has always been ‘up-front’ with me in the past. Please disregard anything I said in reference to Bob – plain and simple - I WAS WRONG! I am sorry that it happened. Hopefully, we can just move on from here with no hard feelings.
Ron Wilson
BTW: I think all “anonymous” post should be deleted by Chris the minute they are posted.

May 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger Chris Dugan said...

For the record, I have spoken to Stu Williams one time in my life (last year) and I had not spoken with Bob Gregg for several weeks until Friday night, an hour or so AFTER the "Enough is enough" blog entry.

May 13, 2011 at 8:38 PM  
Blogger Chris Dugan said...

There were, by my count, six comments, including the one about the catcher, that were lost when Blogger went down with whatever problem it had. Any comments made between about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday and noon Friday were lost by Blogger. However, if anyone wants to read the comments, I can re-post them. I still have them in my email.

May 13, 2011 at 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home