Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Where have you gone Matt Swope?

The Wild Things sent out a press release Tuesday about former Washington outfielder Matt Swope (2005), pictured, who is co-host of a sports talk radio show in Baltimore.

According to the release, the "Swope and Suter Show" airs on Monday nights from 5-7 p.m on the ESPN affiliate in Baltimore. Swope is co-host with Steve Suter, a former All-American wide receiver and kick returner at the University of Maryland. Swope played his collegiate baseball at Maryland.

“I have always been really passionate about sports, and I realized all I did was listen to talk radio and comment on what they would say. Suter and I did our own show on I-tunes and the Internet for four months. We did a demo for CBS/ESPN and they liked us,” Swope said.

“I keep myself very busy. I’m working on my Master’s degree. I do a lot of fundraising for cancer research (Matt lost his sister to cancer in 2008), and I love doing the radio show. I do, however, miss playing baseball every day."

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Natural Grass said...

Is this blog moving also like the Steelers blog on the O-R?
Also, word verification is working.
Permanent fix or did I just luck out?

December 17, 2009 at 2:13 PM  
Anonymous Natural Grass said...

Is Ross still with the team?
I wonder when the new guy will start cleaning house?
The deputy league commissioner sounds like someone who could help the Wild Things. Perhaps a positive replacement for Ross.
Swine flu, Taxpayer turf-both make you sick.

December 22, 2009 at 4:51 AM  
Anonymous WPA Redneck said...

Well it is a new year and the Wild Things have not named a new manager. It sounded by Ross's prior comments that one should be named before year end. Perhaps Ross is now less influential.

January 1, 2010 at 4:29 PM  
Anonymous lliB said...

The Steerlers season is over.
According to the Frontier League web site, the season starts in 20 weeks.
Dale, anything happening on the local sceen with the WT?

January 4, 2010 at 4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home