Friday, July 9, 2010

Young: It was medical marijuana ... no, no really

Dmitri Young, the Oakland County Cruisers' vice president/bench coach who was recently arrested in Bloomington, Ill., on a drug charge, told the Detroit Free Press that the marijuana he was in possession of when arrested was for medical reasons:

“Since retirement, I’ve been in a lot of serious pain,” he told the Free Press in a telephone interview Wednesday from Florida. “From my quads to my back to anxiety from my mother’s death, it takes a toll. I didn’t want to use pills. I had already been to rehab before and knew I didn’t want to be on opiates. So, in talking with physicians, we decided this was the best way to go.”

Unfortunately, he said, “I used poor judgment. And I have to pay the consequences.”

Medcial reasons? C'mon.

Read the story here.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure get tired of hearing the "I made a mistake" BS from all these jerks.

July 11, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home