Friday, July 11, 2008

On the road with the Paints

Thanks to paintsfan and his tip about a Columbus Dispatch writer being on a road trip to Kalamazoo and Windy City with the Chillicothe Paints and blogging about it, I was able to kill some time late last night. It was an interesting read. There are about 30 entries to the entire blog and I found three that might be of interest to readers of this board. I've linked to each. Note: In the entry labeled Superstitions, the Wild Things' winning streak that is mentioned was 13 games not 19.

Superstitions.

Food on getaway day in K-zoo.

Q&A with Mark Mason.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if any attempt was made to have Mark Mason manage the Wild Things this year? (or if offered and things worked out contract wise, would Mark have made the move?
It sounds like he would have had less decisions on players if he managed Washington based on the interview.)
Chris, when are you taking a bus trip with the Wild Things?
I think it would make for interesting reading in the paper.

July 11, 2008 at 8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish that Mr. Mason would consider the managers job (if and when it opens up, which seems to be often) with the Wild Things. But in all honesty, I believe he got out while the getting was good. He sounds perfectly content in his present position, and I wish him well.

July 12, 2008 at 6:48 AM  
Blogger Chris Dugan said...

Going on a road trip is something I've often considered doing and writing about. It might be more interesting, however, to hear my wife's response when I tell her I'm going on a baseball road trip for a week.

July 12, 2008 at 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chis,
I wonder what Ross and John would say is you asked to go on a road bus trip with the team?
I think you better wait until all the little boys left over from the end of the year fiasco are gone for your own safety.

July 12, 2008 at 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home